About Maybury

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Maybury has created 44 entries.

Installation at Amitabha Buddhist Centre

I have had a connection with Amitabha Centre for many years. Within the centre is a lovely cafe, I was asked if I could fit a woodburner there to make it a warmer environment for the visitors and to be more eco-friendly. A few weeks ago they were having a new roof fitted and had scaffolding up, so we took advantage and lined the chimney. Today I have been preparing the hearth area for the installation. See pictures below:

Update 21.12.13

The stove has been in for a few weeks now, and many people have enjoyed its warmth and the added cosyness.

By |November 24th, 2013|pictures|

A couple of straight forward installations from Oct’ & Nov’

Here are a couple of fairly straight forward installations involving breaking out the fireplaces and fitting new superimposed hearths.

By |November 7th, 2013|Uncategorized|

Re-installation of Yeoman Exe

This customer had recently moved into a cottage that already had a Yeoman Exe fitted. Unfortunately it had been installed incorrectly, there was no access for sweeping the unlined chimney, the wooded lintel was too close to the stove pipe and had caught fire in the past and the stove was fitted in a recess that was too small preventing adaquate air circulation. You can see what I did to bring the installation in line with building regulations.

By |October 13th, 2013|Uncategorized|

Blocked chimney

I was called out to quote on a simple installation. The customer had recently moved in to a renovated house where the fireplace was opened and ready to fit a woodburner. When I shone a torch up the chimney it became clear that the chimney was blocked at about the level of the bedroom above. I put a sweep rod up and gave the obstruction a good shunt but it didn’t move. So the only option was to open the wall in the bedroom. I took out three bricks at floor level and it revealed a piece of board with cement poured on top of it. With some hammering and chiseling I was able to remove it, then it was just a case of re-bricking it and plastering the area.

By |October 9th, 2013|Uncategorized|